utorok 15. januára 2013

Emirates Stadium - Arsenal


 Today, I visited the Emirates Stadium, the new home ground of London's Arsenal FC. Just to have a look.
Two cannon guns are placed in front of the stadium, the nickname of the Arsenal is "Gunners", because the the team started in Woolwich - where they manufacture guns. 

    Names of the team's legends are written on the blocks of concrete. I remember Tony Adams from Fifa 2001 PC game.
Robert Pires, one of the "French musketeers" in the early 2000's.
You can go on a Stadium tour.
Dennis Bergkamp, the Dutch who was afraid to fly.
David Seaman, the last English world class goalkeeper, although ridiculed by Ronaldinho in the 2002 World Cup quarter-final.
In the past, players used to travel to and from the matches by bus. Today, they have to use public transport only after an embarrassing loss when the coach wants to teach them a lesson.
A little fan who ran away from hospital to see his team play.
Tierry Henry, 226 goals in 370 appearances.
Fan shop, what's the link between the crocodile and Arsenal?
It was freezing out there and my hands were cold. Therefore I was attracted by the gloves and winter caps.
Scarves. Different colours and shapes testify to the wide variety of trademark items in the shop. 
A glance of the fan shop, I did not want to raise too much attention with doing pictures. 
Some really nice hoodies, but the prices are quite high. I bought a whisky glass, a present for my father. I think he prefers Chelsea, but I try to change his mind, the work Wenger does with the youth comes more appealing than buying ready made players to sit on the bench.


Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára